Spectacle Brass is creating a fresh perspective on the brass ensemble and chamber music.
Founded in 2012, Spectacle Brass is committed to bringing high quality brass music to the Atlanta area and beyond. The group performs a wide variety of styles in various settings, including jazz, classical, pop, rock, and ceremonial/religious music.
Frequently involved in special events, weddings, church services, and concerts through the Southeast, Spectacle Brass has provided music for churches and synagogues and organized charity and educational events. In January 2014 the quintet was invited to perform for the opening of exhibits at the Georgia Music Educators Association In-Service Conference in Savannah, Georgia.
Recently a finalist in the Calvin Smith Brass Quintet Competition in Knoxville, Tennessee, the group has performed in numerous concert venues, including the Cobb Energy Centre, Bailey Performance Center, Cox Auditorium at the University of Tennessee, Savannah International Convention and Trade Center, and Quigley Concert Hall at Western Colorado State University. During the summer of 2013, Spectacle Brass performed alongside the Boston Brass at the Crested Butte Music Festival in Colorado.
The ensemble has given two world premieres at the Kennesaw Festival of New Music and recently performed the Suite from Bernstein’s Mass with the Wheeler Wind Ensemble in Marietta, Georgia. Committed to outreach, Spectacle Brass gave a benefit recital for the Children’s Healthcare Center of Augusta in 2012 and has provided educational programs at a number of Georgia schools including McEachern High School, Kell High School, and Kennesaw State University.
Spectacle Brass has performed in masterclasses for the Boston Brass, Chicago Symphony Orchestra Brass Quintet, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Music Director Robert Spano, and this coming year, the American Brass Quintet. 
Listing of Available Music (click to download PDF)
Other notable happenings:
- Performance for Music Director Robert Spano of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra; Masterclass at the Bailey Performance Center
- Finalist in the 2013 Calvin Smith Brass Quintet Competition, June 2013
- Performances of the Malcolm Arnold Brass Quintet and Eric Ewazen “Colchester Fantasy”
- Attended the Boston Brass Music Camp, June/July 2013
- Residency clinic with the Boston Brass at Western Colorado State University
- Performance in KSU Festival of New Music, February 2013; Two World Premiere Performances of works by James Lavender and Chloe Lincoln
- KSU Chamber Music Recital, April 2013; Performing West Side Story by Bernstein, arr. Jack Gale
- Masterclass with Boston Brass, March 2012
- Performing Brass Quintet by Malcolm Arnold and
- Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral by Richard Wagner
- Masterclass with Chicago Symphony Brass Quintet, April 2012
- Performing Brass Quintet by Malcolm Arnold
- KSU Chamber Recital, May 2012; Performing Brass Quintet by Malcolm Arnold
- Performance at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, September 2012; Performing Fanfare to ‘La Peri’ by Paul Dukas
- KSU Student Recital, October 2012; Performing Brass Quintet (No. 1) by Victor Ewald
- KSU Chamber Recital, November 2012; Performing Brass Quintet (No. 1) by Victor Ewald
- Benefit Concert for Children’s Medical Center of Augusta, GA, December 2012; On the campus of Kennesaw State University
- Performance on the Senior Recital of Justin Rowan, December 2012; Performing Brass Quintet (No. 1) by Victor Ewald and ‘I Feel Pretty’ from West Side Story by Bernstein
- Performance on the Junior Recital of John Thomas Burson, April 2013; Performing Prelude from “Te Deum” by Charpentier